Tuesday, December 22, 2009

On to the next burst !

Christian, my eldest son who lives in England, has just been on the phone. For the last few years he’s been working for Abbey National and doing very nicely thank you. I don’t understand really what he does as banking has changed a lot in the last 25 years since I left Barclays. Recently he went for a new job with them. As you know, they are changing names and all that kind of stuff. They needed someone to be in charge of IT for the change over to make sure everything runs smoothly. The job is for a year and will be based at Milton Keynes. Well Christian found out today he’s got the job. They will even pay his hotel if he needs it. I don’t really understand what his job will be but it is very good news indeed. He’s really, really pleased to have got it and so am I. I wonder what will happen next?

4 comments:

Dru Marland said...

I didn't know that they were changing names, as it happens. I've never been to Milton Keynes; I'd like to check out the pagan influences on the place sometime. Apparently the main thoroughfare aligns with the midsummer sunrise, or something, and they were proposing building an alternative Stonehenge...

...anyway, congrats!

Anji said...

Dru: Thanks. All I know about Milton Keynes is that it is very new, custom built, I shan't be rushing to do the tourist there, though if what you say is true... Didn't they have pretend cows in a field near to Milton Kenynes - or did I dream it?

Abbey will be turning into Santander

Caroline said...

Anji, you have a child who has left home! That is enough for most parents to celebrate, but to have one who is doing well, that needs real congratulations.

Caroline XX

Anji said...

Caroline: I now have three that have left home...