Thursday, May 7, 2009

Room 12 Blues Foundation

I probably haven’t mentioned before that I only ever phone my mother up in the mornings. The reason why I do this is because later in the day her speech would be too slurred and she probably wouldn’t remember who I am. When I was very small I remember someone inviting her to drink a glass of sherry at Christmas. It took a lot of persuasion and she accepted half of a very small glass and sipped it as if it were poison. Lots of things happened it the 35 years that followed….

I’ve been blogging for 6 years this month. When I first started blogging Christian became ill and it was through my blogging friends I understood what was going on and felt that I wasn’t alone. This morning I received an e mail from Stacey (on the left). Stacey and Bill live in Cleveland Ohio. They too went through the lot with their youngest son, a young man who is a brilliant guitarist and I wish I knew where there was a link so that you could hear him play.

The email said; “Saturday, the IRS letter designating the Room 12 Blues Foundation a 501 (c)(3) charity came in the mail” I didn’t understand what it meant at first either, so I looked at the site… So if you are interested and live in Cleveland you now know who to contact!

9 comments:

Donna said...

(((((((((HUG)))))))))

MAIL TO: room12info@roomtwelve.org said...

wow, anji. i'm so sorry to hear about your mom. you know i've written about my mom and this, too. it's hard.

thanks so much for your kind words! i'll figure out how to put up some of j's "guitaring" soon.

wisteria said...

Hi freind,
This is karthi.I have added you as my freind in "My freind's list".
You also add me as your freind in your blog list.

Thanks & Regards
wisteria

Unknown said...

Hi Friend,
I like you blog .it's very nice to see your blog. I would like to share my link with you.
Please visit www.zeitgeist-rohit.blogspot.com it is an innovative blog with the hidden secret’s of the world and I would like to share the truth with the world people and try to rescue u all...
So u helps the world with this zeitgeist.♀

Thanks for Reading
Rohit →zeitgeist►►►§

Anji said...

Donna: thanks for your support!

Wisteria: it was an amazing tree!

Anji said...

Stacey: I'm looking forward to hearing him play again.

Rohit: Thanks for your comment, I'll be over to take a look.

A Lady's Life said...

Yes this is a problem. Some people can't drink period.Their body doesn't tell them when enough is enough.Your Mom may be one of them.
The thing is ... they have tests to take for this and it can tell you if you are prone to this disease. It helps a lot when you know. In fact I think it wouldn't be a bad idea to offer the test in highschools so kids know before starting out in life if drinking is for them.Hope she gets better:)

soulMerlin said...

Hi Angie ~ Room 12 sounds really good.

Addiction is a strange thing. I've been drinking on and off all my life and I remain totally unaddicted, in that I can (and do) stop for long periods of time...sometimes months.

But smoking is a different matter - it's almost impossible for me to envisage life without a paper tube with nicotene-rich herbs in it.

Stupid...but if one is addiction-prone to any substance, then any help that is available is really needed.

henry

Anji said...

A Lady's Life: I've talked to my youngest son about this, hopefully he'll grow out of the 'drinking phase'

Henry: I never though of you as a smoker!