Friday, January 27, 2012

Rabbi Blue revisited

I needed a reasonably slim paperback to fit into my bag for waiting room duty. I picked up my copy of 'A Backdoor to Heaven'. My mum must have sent it to me when it came out in paperback in 1985. She knew how much I was missing his 'Thought for the Day' slot on BBC Radio 4.

It turned out to be perfect for waiting rooms; nice bite-size chapters. I think people must have thought me mad when I laughed out loud. I’m so glad I picked it up to read again: I got it when I first read it and I get it even more today. Anyone who has had/is having a struggle with faith should get hold of a copy and read it.

I just looked him up on Wikipedia and he’s in his early 80s. How did that happen?

4 comments:

Cherelynn said...

Thanks for the book recommend-I'm always looking for a new read! Make it great today!

Caroline said...

I remember him well, always seemed worth listening to...

What does he have to say about mobile phones? I say never switch them on except in emergencies...

A Lady's Life said...

I too feel I look like a fool laughing when reading a book but then I think people talking to no one driving cars look crazy lol
no one can see the ear phones

Anji said...

Cherelynn: I hope that you managed to find a copy

Caroline: he wrote this book long before mobile phones...

A lady's Life: Yep, we all have our own little worlds